Our Environmental Policy
At GL & Company we take great pride in our commitment to an environmentally friendly business practice.
To make the business accountable for its own actions in regard to the impact on the environment.
To comply with all relevant legislation and be proactive in promoting others - customers, suppliers and staff to follow our example.
To continually monitor and act upon our usage of energy and recycling and to look for improvements, producing graphs to illustrate usage/wastage and possible savings.
- To reduce our energy consumption by 15% within 12 months and then a further 5% over the following six month period.
- Investing any equity realised from the sale of a property
- To reduce considerably and ultimately omit all use of non bio-degradable products within three years.
- To make staff more aware of the consequences of not reaching targets – not only to the business, but to the wider environment by giving incentives for results.
- To involve our customers and make them fully aware of our policies.
- Replace all standard bulbs where fittings are compatible within 12 months and other fittings to have reduced wattage bulbs within the same period.
This is an embryonic policy and will continue to evolve as we continue to learn about the effects of this business on the local and wider world, so therefore will be continually reviewed. We actively encourage feedback and the support of our customers, suppliers and staff so that we may all help towards a better tomorrow.