7 steps to successfully letting your property
How to become a successful, positive and happy landlord
Simply follow these 7 steps to ensure you achieve this
1. Choose the right agent
Unqualified agents cost landlords and tenants thousands of pounds and unnecessary stress each year. A licensed ARLA agent is qualified and required to keep up to date with changing legislation affecting the lettings market.
- GL & Co are licenced members of ARLA and our lettings team will be able to guide you through current legislation changes
- A licenced firm abides by a Code of Practice and Rule of Conduct
- This means you can be assured that the service you receive is to the highest standard and all enquiries will be dealt with professionally and fairly
2. Ensure your property meets and ideally exceeds suitable living conditions for tenants
To achieve the maximum income from your rental property and ensure you have tenants who look after your property and keep it in good order.
- GL & Co use local, reputable trades people
- GL & Co can organise and oversee any works to be carried out
- GL & Co are able to offer advice to Landlords to keep your property in the best state of repair
3. Ensure you meetall the Heath & Safety and Stututary Requirements
There are legal requirements for Landlords to maintain their properties.
- GL & Co have a dedicated team, we treat your property as our own and you can leave everything to us
- GL & Co are able to guide you through legislation that landlords must comply with and the complexities of the local lettings market
4. Choosing a fully managed service has huge benefits
Of course Landlords want the best possible financial return on their investment. Many choose to use an agent to find a tenant then go it alone for the remainder of the tenancy. This has the potential to cause undue stress and worry when issues arise.
- GL & Co are able to guide you through tenancy deposit legislation that landlords must comply with
- GL & Co can help you through the complexities of the local lettings market and manage everything on your behalf
5. Get references for your tenants
(Un-referenced tenants can cause stress and loss of revenue.)
You decide to let your property to a friend or a friend of a friend. You know them, you think it will all be fine. What happens if they fall on hard times? Or they haven’t been completely transparent about their financial situation? This can cause you as a landlord to incur huge costs trying to recoup unpaid rent or at worst evicting the tenants.
- At GL & Co, we have a stringent applicant screening process and rent guarantee policies available to our landlords to ensure you are safeguarded in a worst case scenario
- Based on the applicant screening and referencing process, we hope to ensure the worst case scenario doesn’t occur
6. Ensure you have a signed, leagally binding tenancy agreement
The Tenancy Agreement details the responsibilities of both Landlord and Tenant and is legally binding.
- We provide you with legal documentation drawn up by an independent legal advisor, specialising in the letting industry, to ensure your tenancy complies with all current regulations
- Tailor made to your requirements
7. Ensure you have a professional inventory
Inventories are reports that accurately document the condition of a property and are used to assess claims for damages at the end of the Tenancy.
- It is vital the inventory is comprehensive. Landlords and tenants need to be able to compare the condition of the property at the start and end of the Tenancy.
- As an ARLA registered letting agent GL & Co will give you the best advice and guidance should a claim need to be made against the deposit.
7 reasons to let your property with GL&Co Estate agents
- We are an ARLA licensed agent
- We dedicate our time to give your time back to you
- We offer different levels of service to suit your requirements
- Established long term industry contacts
- Exceptional negotiation skills to maximise your rental price
- Proven engaged customer database
- Hard working, dedicated team with years of experience in the Lettings industry
7 reasons to rent through GL&Co Estate agents
- Friendly, experienced, courteous and helpful staff
- Motivated and approachable landlords
- Welcoming High Street branches
- Accompanied viewings
- Personalised property matching service
- Accessible 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Providing you with an exceptional all round experience