New homes in Horsham
Horsham arguably forms the central hub of West Sussex and its status as a market town and a business centre has never been stronger; indeed the occupancy level for the high street shops is one of the highest in the country.
Horsham provides a fantastic centre for business and family entertainment. The numerous restaurants, retailers, weekly food markets and leisure facilities make it an attractive place to live for people of all ages. With the ability to travel into London within the hour and Gatwick Airport in approx. 20 minutes, it is also becoming a popular commutable town.
With the popularity of Horsham on the increase, so the demand for homes also increases. As a result, there is the need for new homes in and around the town and purchasers have a wide choice of high end developments, bespoke houses and also apartments of varying sizes.
Here at GL and Co we are finding new homes buyers moving down from London to the area but also people are moving from existing homes within Horsham to the new developments as part of an upsize or downsize move.
With a number of developments underway and expanding, we as a company are dealing with numerous bespoke new homes, both in the centre and on the outskirts of the town. New homes are very popular with purchasers for a number of reasons:
- New homes are built to the latest Building Regulations and to a national standard for the sustainable design and construction of new homes. This ensures they are of an excellent build quality, giving purchasers peace of mind.
- Generally new homes come with a warranty for the property and structure itself. This is often a 10 year NHBC Warranty and these warranties mean you are protected against faults that may occur with the property itself in the first few years of living there.
- They require less maintenance than older homes. New homes will not require you to replace the boiler, windows, kitchen or bathroom for many years, reducing your financial outlay on purchase. They will not require any modernisation or updating and you will not have to live with someone else’s choice of patterned carpet or avocado bathroom until you can afford to change these things.
- New homes are more environmentally friendly than older properties and help reduce your carbon footprint with energy efficient boilers, heating and insulation as well as double glazed windows. New homes also have an energy rating certificate showing how environmentally friendly they are.
- Safety is a big feature for new homes and they are built to comply with fire safety standards with smoke alarms, fire doors and accessible opening windows for escape in the event of a fire. They usually also have security locks for peace of mind and often have burglar alarms and security lighting fitted.
- You get to have ‘first use’ of a new home as they are clean, unused and brand new – no cleaning someone’s old oven or bathroom! With a new property you have a fresh start with your choice of paint, carpets and curtains as soon as you move in. There may also be the possibility of a say in the finish of the kitchen and bathroom.
- They are usually built to a high specification with quality appliances in the kitchen and superior fittings in the bathroom. Many new homes benefit from fitted wardrobes in the bedrooms which many existing homes do not have.
- The buying process for a new home is simplified; once you have paid your reservation fee the house will be taken off the market for you and you are then the top of the property purchase chain with no need to wait for your sellers to find somewhere to move to - a lovely position to be in.
With Sussex and Horsham itself frequently featuring in lists of the top places to live in the UK, the area is only to grow in terms of popularity. This is reflected in the number of new homes being built in the district. If you are interested in purchasing a new home, please contact our New Homes team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 0933305. Our team have personal relationships with local and independent developers, as a result we deal with some lovely bespoke houses if you are looking for that perfect new home.